Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Nanner Bread

I miss baking.
I used to do it oh so very much and I don't anymore. 

Yesterday I got myself motivated and did.
& it turned out super yummy so I wanted to share the twist on a old fashioned banana bread recipe. 

I got the recipe off of a blog I absolute love called "He and She Eat Clean". A husband and wife who post all kinds of yummy recipes and tips for getting to a healthier you, together.


So here the link...excuse the messy ness, I can't hide links from my only blogging device..my phone :(
http://www.heandsheeatclean.com/2013/05/clean-eat-recipe-eat-clean-banana-bread.ht

Eat Clean Banana Bread


Ingredients:

Olive Oil
1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 slightly beaten egg whites
1 c. mashed ripe bananas (3 medium or 2 large)
1/2 c. sucanat sugar (could also substitute Xylitol or Stevia - this would change the mets; however)
1/4 c. coconut oil, softened
A pinch of sea salt (1/16 tsp.)

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 
2. Coat an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan with olive oil spray and set aside. 
3. Unpeel and mash bananas in a separate bowl, setting aside. 
4. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and sea salt and set aside.
5. Using a large bowl, combine egg whites, banana, sucanat, and coconut oil. Once mixed well, add flour mixture to banana mixture stir until moist. The batter should be lumpy, so do not over stir. Spoon mixture into loaf pan. 
6. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. 
7. Let bread cool for about 10-15 minutes prior to cutting.

Makes approximately 8 slices. Serving size is one slice.
Mets (If using sucanat):
Calories: 226
Protein: 3g
Fat: 7g
Carbs: 37g

No comments:

Post a Comment