Thursday, May 23, 2013

On the road again.

Should I take photos driving? No! Do I from time to time (at slow speeds) yes. Shame on me I know. It's just that sometimes pictures need to be taken...just need to be.


last weekend I went down the road to WV to see Emma (if you don't know her, you know know me) graduate from Concord University. Her family has been like a second family to be for years, but with life getting to be well grown up and busy, I haven't spent an extended time like this weekend with them in years. It was perfect. Brought me back to simpler days.

And again I'll be heading off to PA this weekend for a friends wedding parties, you know the bachelorette and bridal shower lovelies. I think its finally been figured out that I'll be making the 5 hour trip solo. Well armed with my dad's truck, and his XM radio stations (which is great cuz I got my taste in music from my father). At first I was bummed and frustrated about driving alone..but the more I've been thinking, the more excited I am. 

Road Trips are good for the soul.

If I didn't want a family one day (i wanna be a mama someday, very much..underline someday) I could easily find myself in an airstream driving down forgotten routes. Especially in weather like we've had lately. Where the windows are down, the music is cranked up, and sunglasses are a must.

If you never have, I suggest everyone go and rent/download/buy/borrow/ (how ever you get movies these days) and watch Elizabethtown

"To have never taken a solitary road trip across country? I mean everybody's got to take a road trip, at least once in their lives. Just you and some music. "

It is the perfect example of why we all need solo road trips.
(and why southern families are the best)

Needless to say I think at this moment I need a road trip, maybe to clear my mind, maybe to sort things out, maybe to just laugh at myself when I forget to take an exit and get lost. We seem to get so tied up in everyday chores and routines we forget to just give ourselves a break from doing it all.

I hope to take lots of pretty photos this weekend (with a camera that's worth wild for once) and share all the love of the wonderful pre-wedding love & road trip adventures.



No comments:

Post a Comment