Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Music Saved My Soul

Music is my therapy.

I seriously haven't found anything else in this world that truly give me the high or the happiness that music gives me. I am a fan of a lot of different types of music but folk, bluegrass, and old country (or a mix of all three) are my favorites. The radio plays the popular songs, and the popular artisits, and I promise you if you're only listening to radio stations you are missing out on good music. My dad introduced me to the sound of a banjo, a fiddle, and a little guitar at a young age...and I fell in love. Over the years I've run into some different bands and musicans that captured something in their lyrics and their songs that contuines to stick with me. I thought I'd introduce you to a few of these and I hope you take a mintue to listen to a few songs. Music is about the feeling you get from a song: the words, the stories, the memories, and the people who come to mind as you listen to it.

a true folk band from wise county
I fell in love at Rhythm and Roots
while I was going to UVA Wise
and soon found out they were
locals and have been obessessed
ever since.


a shenandoah boy who
sings all about the kinda world
I live in and the mountains I love



a good ol' western band from oklahoma
I saw them in a smokey bar in
nashville, and it's one of my
favorites shows I've ever seen

a rough country singer my
dad introduced me to when
I was young, and he'll just
always be one of my favorites


No comments:

Post a Comment