Sunday, April 14, 2013

Grownup Playtime

So despite all of my dreadful hours spent working on school work, I did squeeze in a little enjoyment this weekend. I got some planting done outside the house and made up some hanging baskets. I also played around with my new favorite food, avocados. They are so amazing and I don't know why I always forget about how much I love them when I'm making dinner at home. My favorite food growing up was grilled cheese and so its quite the comfort food for me. This Saturday was the first day of turkey season in the valley, and although I didn't get to go because of all that darn school work, I still made the traditional mid-day eggie samich for Chase when he got back from hunting. Although after he had his sandwich he was asking for me to make him another sandwich like mine, which I called a grownup grilled cheese. I added sliced avocado with shredded mozzarella and a little salt and than dipped it in sriracha, which is an amazing hot sauce that everyone should try! It turned out really good, and was not as unhealthy as some of the other weekend treats I've had the last few months. It was a beautiful weekend, and although I spent most of it indoors, I'm glad I got to spend just a little time outside doing some house chores (which as of now are more like playtime to me). Hope everyone elses weekend's were full of some fun outside in that beautiful weather.

 I finally got out the good camera for once
 


and just a few little snapshots of the porch.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment